Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Horton Center

Hey Everyone!
I'm now finally settled in at the Horton Center, it's absolutely beautiful up here, and the kids are really great. It's really cool- there's all these little cabins around the place, and I really like the approach everyone here is taking. Still kind of working out what I'm meant to be doing, and not getting to do as much canoeing/ rockclimbing as I would have liked, but lots of activities and running around playing fun games, so all is good. I'm now known as 'The Australian' and I keep getting blank looks when I say some things, but I'm slowly learning. The other real negative is that it seems that the LGBT family camp that was going to be happening probably won't, because there hasn't been much response. So not sure what will be happening around here next week, but hopefully we'll do something good!
Calls are really welcome, just text me before hand to tell me when you are going to call so I can keep my phone with me. I'm 14 hours behind here, so the best times to call are probably your 10:30/11 at night or 12/2 lunchtimeish. Some normal voices would be good!
Don't forget to email me and update me on what's happening in your lives! I love that you're commenting on mine, but I want to keep updated on yours too!
Laura

1 comment:

Kaye said...

You're a newspaper. Congratultions.